Today I am blogging to a theme, along with several other bloggers I know. We’re going to try posting to a common theme as a regular Friday thing, and are hoping to inspire others to join in. Today’s theme is:
Share a favourite or inspiring piece of art
And I have chosen Sandro Botticelli’s famous painting, La nascita di Venere (The Birth of Venus) from 1486.
I love all Botticelli’s paintings — ever since I first saw them in Florence’s Uffizi Gallery many years ago. I can still remember the breathless wonder with which I simply sat in the Botticelli room. Sat and stared and felt.
They are so beautiful. How I would love to have one on my wall.
Here’s a detail of Venus. Even a digital reproduction on this blog takes my breath away.
How could you not be inspired by that?
Check out some of the other contributions to today’s theme:
- Rabia Gale shares her favourite painting, Large Blue Horses
- Siri Paulson shares the wondrous sounds of Barbara Furtuna
- Liv Rancourt shares a painting of Christ and St Michael
- Linda Adams shares the colours of Washington DC
- Margaret Miller ponders how she decides on a favourite piece of art
- Tami Clayton discovers she prefers photography to paintings
- Cora Ramos shares the amazing painting Dance me to the end of love
- Kim Griffin shares several pieces of art she finds inspiring
I’ll update further links as they come to hand.
We’ll be tweeting to #wanafriday and tagging blog posts wanafriday as well. If you care to play too, please post your link in the comments and I’ll update the post. Or just join in!
Images courtesy of Wikimedia commons.